Tuesday, May 12, 2015

4 Week of School


Today in class we worked on the Ipad's and Google Earth. On the Ipod we  worked with Imovie which is an app that lets you make movies or movie trailers. It was really easy to use and fun because you can be very creative.  It already had templates made so you could just pick one and place pictures in or record. It would work well in the classroom because it broke down each part and let the user just record the amount of time it needed. You can preview, cut and drag things which is all easy tools students could do.

The second thing we discussed in class was Google Maps, the assignment was to pick 5 places to make a tour of for someone to be able to click and find a picture and information about. I chose to do 5 places in Oregon to hike too. I did a variety of levels of hardness and places to explore. He showed us how to pin point, link images and url and then tour.  I thought it was challenging because it was alot of information at once. I think I would maybe use this in my classroom but maybe with older students or in a more user friendly way. Plus, when I would teach I would take more than an hour to explain to the students how everything works which is probably why it was difficult for me in class.


No comments:

Post a Comment