Tuesday, May 12, 2015

5th Week

Presenter

This week in class we went over useful apps to use in the classroom. We had a presenter come in to the classroom who attended wou and is a teacher himself. He went over apps to use to test students, use in lessons and how to be able to let students share information with you the teacher easier. The websites or apps that I wrote down were Storybird, Presi, Pooplet, Wordpress, googledocs, socrative. I liked how Storybird was user friendly and let students be creative. I liked how Presi was a fun alternative to powerpoint for myself to use or my students.  I thought making a website was hard but after learning about Word Press I see that at least through the website it can be simple. It also makes myself look very professional, and a great tool for my families. Google docs is very helpful for group projects because it lets everyone be able to work on and see it as long as they have a internet connection, so students who are sick or on vacation can still interact, as well as homework is straight forward. But I like it from the point of view of the teacher where I can see who is doing what, and monitor the groups without having to look over their shoulder or constantly ask for them to turn stuff in. Then Socrates was helpful because it gives me the teacher a easy to use platform to have students put in information and be able to see right then or look back later at the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment